TODAY: We invite our guests to sign the Guest Register
9:30 a.m. Worship & Communion Service
11:00 a.m. Dress Rehearsal for Children’s Christmas Program
4:00 p.m. Christmas Caroling
Tues. 5:30 a.m. Women’s Worship 6:00 a.m. Bible Study
Wed. 5:00 a.m. Worship 6:00 a.m. Bible Study
Wed. 6:00 p.m. Women’s Bible Study w/ Pastor Steph
Wed. 6:30 p.m. Women’s Bible Study at Laura Renfro’s
Wed. 7:30 p.m. Board of Deacons meeting
Fri. 6:00 p.m. Trail Life Lock-in
9:30 a.m. Worship Service & Children’s Christmas Program
If the Lord leads you to give, please leave your offering in the offering plates which are in the foyer and in the old sanctuary.
Live Streaming the Service
In addition to live streaming our Worship service online, we now have closed circuit streaming in the old sanctuary for those who prefer to wear a mask and practice social distancing while meeting in person.
This year we will be changing up our approach to Caroling. Instead of meeting at the church, we will meet at three separate locations.
- Randolph Cemetery to go to Ken and Bonnie Hanson, Marion & Deona Brenner, Margie Wohler, and Marguerite Johnson.
- Parking lot across from Veryl Rundquist in Clay Center, then go to Jon and Evelyn Larson, and Country Living Long Term Care Facility to sing outside of Betty Sylvester’s room and other rooms.
- Leonardville Nursing Home where we will stand outside of Myron Lund and Robert Dreith’s room and other rooms and sing since we cannot enter the facility.
We will not be entering anyone’s house this year. Rather we will sing from the lawn. And if you would like to join us for pizza at Alert afterward, we will be taking a headcount at each location at the start of caroling.
If you have a Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo account, make sure to check your spam folder for email communication from the church. We are getting several reports from people that our staff email addresses (.church) are being sent to spam folders suddenly.
Update from the Northern Riley County Food Pantry
The Northern Riley County Food Pantry received the following thank you which I wanted to share as it was an encouragement for this ministry. This thank you note was signed by several individuals. “Thank you so much, to all the wonderful volunteers, that help those of us in need with such compassion, kindness, and dignity.”
- If you know of families with children under the age of 18 years, who might be financially suffering especially during this COVID time, there is still time to sign up to participate in the Adopt-A-Family program. Last day to sign up to participate is Monday, December 7th. Questions? Contact Karen Rundquist at firstname.lastname@example.org. (At this time, we have more individuals wanting to Adopt-A-Family than we have families to adopt.)
- Another way you can support the Food Pantry is by donating a Dollar General gift card. The Food Pantry purchases almost all their food and laundry needs at the Riley Dollar General.
- Food Donations for the Christmas Baskets are being accepted through December 15th. Donations may be put in the lime green tote located in the coat rack area or the basket located at the south Fellowship Hall entrance. Suggestions are: Whole Corn, Pork and Beans, Baked Beans, Red Jello, Yams (canned), Fruit Cocktail, Cake Mixes, Mashed Potatoes (boxed), Pie Filling either Apple or Cherry, Evaporated Milk, Egg Noodles, Cream of Chicken soup, Cream of Mushroom soup.