TODAY: We invite our guests to sign the Guest Register
9:30 a.m. Worship Service
(When we resume Sunday school this service will be earlier)
11:00 a.m. 2nd Worship Service
Tue. 6:00 p.m. Trail Life Leader’s Meeting
Tues. 5:30 a.m. Women’s Worship 6:00 a.m. Bible Study
Wed. 5:00 a.m. Worship 6:00 a.m. Bible Study
Wed. 6:30 p.m. Women’s Bible Study at Laura Renfro’s
Wed. 6:30 p.m. Women’s Bible Study w/ Pastor Steph
Wed. 7:30 p.m. Executive Board Meeting
Thurs. 7:00 p.m. Small Group at Linhardt’s
Sat. 12:00 p.m. Clay County Pay of Prayer for Covid-19
Acts of Kindness Project
Sat. 6:00 p.m. Reverence with potluck
9:30 a.m. 1st Worship Service
(When we resume Sunday school this service will be earlier.)
11:00 a.m. 2nd Worship Service
4:00 p.m. Christmas Caroling
If the Lord leads you to give, please leave your offering in the offering plates which are in the foyer and in the old sanctuary.
Live Streaming the Service
In addition to live streaming our Worship service online, we now have closed circuit streaming in the old sanctuary for those who prefer to wear a mask and practice social distancing while meeting in person.
Day of Prayer
Clint Decker and Pastor Dwight have called for a day of prayer for Covid-19 relief to be held at the Clay County Courthouse Square. The Clay County Commissioners, at Clint’s request, made a proclamation concerning this day of prayer and we appreciate their support.
We will meet at the Courthouse square for worship, a gospel presentation, and prayer. The prayer initiative will also be broadcast on Facebook live on the Great Awakenings Facebook page. We are asking that Covid-19 protocols be observed. Please come join us, Saturday, December 5 at 12:00 p.m.
This year we will be changing up our approach to Caroling. Instead of meeting at the church, we will meet at three separate locations.
- Randolph Cemetery to go to Ken and Bonnie Hanson, Marion & Deona Brenner, Margie Wohler, Robert Dreith, and Marguerite Johnson.
- Parking lot across from Veryl Rundquist in Clay Center, then go to Jon and Evelyn Larson, and Country Living Long Term Care Facility to sing outside of Betty Sylvester’s room and other rooms.
- Leonardville Nursing Home where we will stand outside of Myron Lund’s room and other rooms and sing since we cannot enter the facility.
We will not be entering anyone’s house this year. Rather we will sing from the lawn. And if you would like to join us for pizza at Alert afterward, please RSVP to Pastor Dwight or Randi by Dec. 4th.
There are the annual advent calendars in the foyer for each family to take home.
Update from the Northern Riley County Food Pantry
- Thank you to all who donated food and especially to the family who donated homemade biscuits. This past Saturday, a total of 26 Thanksgiving Baskets were given out to those who had signed up for one.
- If you know of families with children under the age of 18 years, who might be financially suffering especially during this COVID time, there is still time to sign up to participate in the Adopt-A-Family program. Last day to sign up to participate is Monday, December 7th. Questions? Contact Karen Rundquist at firstname.lastname@example.org. (At this time, we have more individuals wanting to Adopt-A-Family than we have families to adopt.)
- Another way you can support the Food Pantry is by donating a Dollar General gift card. The Food Pantry purchases almost all their food and laundry needs at the Riley Dollar General.
- Food Donations for the Christmas Baskets are being accepted through December 15th. Donations may be put in the lime green tote located in the coat rack area or the basket located at the south Fellowship Hall entrance. Suggestions are: Whole Corn, Pork and Beans, Baked Beans, Red Jello, Yams (canned), Fruit Cocktail, Cake Mixes, Mashed Potatoes (boxed), Pie Filling either Apple or Cherry, Evaporated Milk, Egg Noodles, Cream of Chicken soup, Cream of Mushroom soup.
Did you know…?
We have a google calendar to help us all keep up with the different happenings at Alert. Need to reserve a room? Check the calendar and call the church office to reserve one. Can’t remember what meetings you have for the month? That’s why it’s there! Check it out here.